2015 No Weld Compact Demo Rules
COMPACT DEMO RULES
- NO ALCOHOL PERMITTED. STATE LAW ALSO PROHIBITS THE CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES WHILE OPERATING A VEHICLE. THEREFORE, NO DRIVER UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL OR DRUGS WILL BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE OR ENTER THE EXHIBITION AREA. JUDGES MAY DIQUALIFY A DRIVER IF HE/SHE IS CONSIDERED UNFIT TO DRIVE. LAW ENFORCEMENT WILL BE NOTIFIED OF VIOLATIONS.
- Orderly conduct is required of all drivers and pit persons. If not, any driver and or people affiliated with that car will be evicted without any refunds or prize money. Misconduct may result in being banned from present and/ or future participation. Any driver or crew member not complying with any one of the rules will be immediately disqualified. Crewmembers are the responsibility of the driver.
- All cars must be in the pit prior to 6:00 p.m.
- All cars will be inspected and passed before allowing participation
- NO one allowed in pit area without a pit pass!
- All cars not removed the day after demo, become the property of the Outlaw Promotions.
- Entry fee refunds will be made only on cars that do not pass inspection. (NO SHOW NO REFUND.)
- Extra pit passes are sold at the entry gate for $20. Entrants and pit crews are expected to wear pit pass at all times.
- Sub-frames or uni-body are considered frames in all parts of these rules.
COMPACT CAR PREP
1. All glass, plastic, fiberglass, chrome moldings, molding clips, and pot metal MUST be removed prior to arrival at facility. No broken window in doors. No flammable materials such as carpets, upholstery or headliners can be left in the car. Cars MUST be clean and free of loose objects inside the entire vehicle. Insulation blankets under the hood and in trunk MUST be removed.
2. Drivers’ doors must be welded shut. If door comes open driver will be disqualified from the heat. REINFORCEMENT MUST BE ADDED ON THE DRIVER’S DOOR, limited to 6” past edge of door, and MAY NOT protrude from car more than 2”. This door can be welded solid. DRIVER’S DOOR MUST BE PADDED ON THE INSIDE! No grader blades.
3. Doors may be solid welded with flat strap no wider than 3” x ¼”. TOP of doors may be folded. No wood, or extra reinforcing allowed in passenger doors.
4. Drivers seat may have restraint to keep in place(strap, belt, brace, ect). Can weld a bar from door post to door post behind seat. Can have a bar on inside passenger door. May have halo bar.
5. No special bumpers (must be stock for car), extra weight, trailer hitches, special lifts, blocks or reinforcements except as required. All exceptions must be approved by judge.
6. All hoods must be securely fastened but able to open for inspections. Not more than 2 chains or 4 pins permitted for fastening. Cannot be welded to bumper or frame. Pins can be welded to sheet metal only.
7. Engine tie down are requested but not required.
8. Gas tanks must be removed completely and a safe gas container placed in the rear seat area and securely fastened. For your safety, spend some time and do this right, expecially fuel injected cars!!!
9. All cars with bumper shocks must be chained from front of mount to rear mount. Shocks cannot be welded. Only 2 chains on each bumper, bolted not welded. Can run 2 loops of wire from radiator support to front bumper in two places.
10. All air conditioners must be drained from vehicle.
11. Nothing is to be bolted, welded or chained to or through the frame.
12. Trunk can be fastened with up to 4 chains or 4 pins. Cannot touch frame of any kind. Can also run two loops of wire from trunk lid to bumper in two places.
13. Must have 2 bars in the front windshield opening. Can be welded.
14. Must have fire hole cut in hood. 12″ recommended.
15. 108″ wheel base or less.
16. No full size conversions
17. Only 6 cylinders or less NO V EIGHTS MOTORS
18. NO PICKUPS
1. All drivers must have a valid drivers license and be at least 18 years of age. If not 18 years old, driver must have written permission and notarization from Parents or Guardians, Each driver and mechanic must sign a waiver releasing Outlaw Promotions from liability.
2. Helmets with face shields or helmets with goggles must be worn. (Safety glasses not considered as goggles or shield.) Long sleeved shirt or fire suit is required. NO SHORTS!
3. Seat belts must he worn. Shoulder harnesses are recommended.
4. Driver’s door hits and team driving will be decided by the judges.
5. Any door or hood coming open during race, that car will be removed from that heat.
6. Drivers must be present at drivers meeting held 30 min. before the show. Roll will be called.
7. Driver must make a hit at least every one minutes during race.
8. When call goes out for cars to be in place, drivers shall be in place and ready or will be disqualified from that heat.
9. Two wheels going over poles or boundary line car will be disqualified!
10. Cars catching on fire 2 times in one heat will be disqualified from the heat.
11. ALL CARS WILL STOP IMMEDIATELY WHEN FLAGGED. (FOR FIRES, ETC.)
12. All rulings by the Official Judge will be final.
13. Drivers must stay in car for safety reasons until the heat is over, except in case of fire.
14. ALL CARS ARE SUBJECT TO REINSPECTION AT ANY TIME.
15. Judges may disqualify a car if it is deemed unsafe.
16. Drivers MUST accompany their car to the inspection. NO EXCEPTIONS.
17. Hood must be open for all inspections.
18. Roll overs will be put back over and allowed to continued ( IF officials feel safe) ONLY ONCE A HEAT.
Any Questions Contact:
Joe Hibbert 620- 255-1531