~~~Weekend Warrior 2017
WEEKEND WARRIOR 2017
- NO ALCOHOL PERMITTED. STATE LAW ALSO PROHIBITS THE CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES WHILE OPERATING A VEHICLE. THEREFORE, NO DRIVER UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL OR DRUGS WILL BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE OR ENTER THE EXHIBITION AREA. JUDGES MAY DISQUALIFY A DRIVER IF HE/SHE IS CONSIDERED UNFIT TO DRIVE. LAW ENFORCEMENT WILL BE NOTIFIED OF VIOLATIONS.
- Orderly conduct is required of all drivers and pit persons. If not, any driver and or people affiliated with that car will be evicted without any refunds or prize money. Misconduct may result in being banned from present and/ or future participation. Any driver or crew member not complying with any one of the rules will be immediately disqualified. Crew members are the responsibility of the driver.
- Pre-entries must be before the demo. Mail entries to Outlaw Promotion, 16502 Q Road, Cimarron, Kansas 67835.
- All cars must be in the pit one hour prior to start.
- All cars will be inspected and passed before allowing participation.
- No ambulances, hearses, trucks, vans,Chrysler Imperials or convertibles will be entered. No diesel motors.
- NO one allowed in pit area without a pit pass!
- All cars not removed the day after demo, become the property of the Outlaw Promotions.
- Entry fee refunds will be made only on cars that do not pass inspection. (NO SHOW NO REFUND.)
- Entrants and pit crews are expected to wear pit pass at all times.
- Sub-frames or uni-body are considered frames
- All cars must have payed entry before inspection.
CP 1) All glass, plastic, fiberglass, chrome moldings, molding clips,door handles(inside and out) and pot metal MUST be removed prior to arrival at facility. No broken window in doors.
CP 2) No flammable materials such as carpets, upholstery or headliners can be left in the car.
CP 3) Cars MUST be clean and free of loose objects inside the entire vehicle.
CP 4) Insulation blankets under the hood and in trunk MUST be removed.
CP 5) Wheel weights must be removed.
CP 6) Fuel tanks must be removed.
B 1) Bumpers may be changed to any factory car bumper using stock brackets. Can place one piece of pipe or tubing inside bumper NO thicker than 1/4 inch. May be loaded.
B 3) May replace bumper with 4X4 tubing 1/4 inch thick. No hard point( 3″ blunt point.. May also place pipe inside.
B 4) May be compressed and welded, brackets can be welded to frame
B 5) May hard nose( Bumper straight to frame) NO REPLACING OF BRACKETS TO FRAME OR RELOCATING!
B 6) May weld a 6” piece of chain on stock bumpers to keep from coming off or two inch strap 18″ max length.
B 7) May weld bumper seems
D 1) Drivers’ doors must be solid welded shut. If door comes open driver will be disqualified from the heat. This door can be welded solid.
D 2) DRIVER’S DOOR MUST BE PADDED ON THE INSIDE!
D 3) REINFORCEMENT MUST BE ADDED ON THE DRIVER’S DOOR, limited to 6” past edge of door, and MAY NOT protrude from car more than 2”. This door can be welded solid. No grader blades.
D 4) Passenger doors may be chained (max of 3/8 in.) or welded with 3″x 6″, two per seam. No wood, or extra reinforcing allowed in passenger doors.
T 1) Trunk lid may be welded with 3″ x 6″ strap two per side. 8 max per trunk.
T 2) May remove trunck lid and lay down in trunk. may be held down with 2 bolts no bigger than 3/4 inch.
T 3) Trunk lid can be bent, but must be in stock location.
H 1) Hood can be chained down with a maximum of four 3/8” chains, or six bolts ( TWO BOLTS CAN GO TO FRAME), or four 9 wire points.
H 2) MUST BE ABLE TO OPEN HOOD.
H 3) Front chain, wire or 1/4″ cable may go around bumper and around frame.
F 1) Maybe trimmed or folded.
F 2) May have no more than 10. 3/8 bolts per finder.
F 1) Fuel tanks must be in the rear seat compartment and fastened securely
F 2) Fuel tank size is a maximum 10 gallons. (Metal or plastic boat gas tanks work very well.)
F 3) For driver safety, fuel tank must to be covered.
F 4) Fuel line must be connected with secure fittings. (Two clamps for every connector.)
B 1) Batteries must be moved to front seat compartment and fastened securely
B 2) Batteries must be covered for driver’s safety. Two batteries maximum or one cat battery may be used.
DT 1) Air cleaners must be left in place. All carburetors will have one.
DT 2) Radiator must be left in place and no other water supply may be used.
DT 3) For safety leave firewalls intact and heater core covered.
DC 1) A box around the driver and batteries is required. A safety bar is required to be welded behind driver’s seat, running parallel to the floor from driver’s side to passenger’s side of the car. You may have a bar that expends across the dash and also have one that runs from dash bar to the seat bar on the passenger side. These bars may not exceed 4” diameter and can be welded to frame.
DC 2) May reinforce the drivers’ seat with chain.
DC 3) Must have at least three front window bars in front of the driver.
DC 4) Must have a fire extinguisher in car.
DC 5) May have engine cradle, May not go above valve covers! No pulley or carb
DC 6) May have slider drive shaft
DC 7) may switch rear ends
DC may have a distributor protector, can NOT be against dash bar, no bracing
SF 1) May make a shock, but must look stock.
SF 2) Must have stock springs no wider than 3” with no helper springs.
SF 3) No Leaf Conversions!
SF 4) All frame holes must be open. No metal, wood and or concrete allowed in frame.
SF 5) No Frame Lacing or Welding. No Frame Pinning!
SF 6) May tilt frame (cold Tilt) NO EXTRA PLATES! NO more than 4 inch tilt
SF 7) May weld Three 3″ plates per frame rail, 1/14 inch thick (IF NEEDED) the width of stock frame.
SF NO restubbing of new to old, old to new
SF 9) May weld A arms down with 3″ x 6″ strap 1/4 inch max thickness.
SF 10) May switch A arms with older same brand stock A arms.
P 1) PAINT CAR NUMBER ON ROOF IN LARGE NUMBERS.
P 2) PAINT DRIVERS NAME ON ROOF IN LARGE LETTERS.
T 1) May have a modified rim, to allow for 16” tires, no more than ¼” material.
T 2) May run any tire you want, as long as it goes under car.
G 1) If you decide to push these rules you will be asked to fix or be loaded NO REFUNDS!
G 2) If it doesn’t say you can DON’T
1. All drivers must have a valid drivers license and be at least 18 years of age. If not 18 years old, driver must have written permission and notarization from Parents or Guardians, Each driver and mechanic must sign a waiver releasing Outlaw Promotions from liability.
2. Helmets with face shields or helmets with goggles must be worn. (Safety glasses not considered as goggles or shield.) Long sleeved shirt or fire suit is required. NO SHORTS!
3. Seat belts must he worn. Shoulder harnesses are recommended.
4. Driver’s door hits and team driving will be decided by the judges.
5. Any door or hood coming open during race, that car will be removed from that heat.
6. Drivers must be present at drivers meeting held 30 min. before the show. Roll will be called.
7. Driver must make a hit at least every one minutes during race.
8. When call goes out for cars to be in place, drivers shall be in place and ready or will be disqualified from that heat.
9. Two wheels going over poles or boundary line car will be disqualified!
10. Cars catching on fire 2 times in one heat will be disqualified from the heat.
11. ALL CARS WILL STOP IMMEDIATELY WHEN FLAGGED. (FOR FIRES, ETC.)
12. All rulings by the Official Judge will be final.
13. Drivers must stay in car for safety reasons until the heat is over, except in case of fire.
14. ALL CARS ARE SUBJECT TO REINSPECTION AT ANY TIME.
15. Judges may disqualify a car if it is deemed unsafe.
16. Drivers MUST accompany their car to the inspection. NO EXCEPTIONS.
17. Hood must be open for all inspections.
18. Roll overs will be disqualified !!!
Any Questions Contact:
Joe Hibbert 620- 255-1531