Pickup Trucks 2014
- NO ALCOHOL PERMITTED. STATE LAW ALSO PROHIBITS THE CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES WHILE OPERATING A VEHICLE. THEREFORE, NO DRIVER UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL OR DRUGS WILL BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE OR ENTER THE EXHIBITION AREA. JUDGES MAY DIQUALIFY A DRIVER IF HE/SHE IS CONSIDERED UNFIT TO DRIVE. LAW ENFORCEMENT WILL BE NOTIFIED OF VIOLATIONS.
- Orderly conduct is required of all drivers and pit persons. If not, any driver and or people affiliated with that car will be evicted without any refunds or prize money. Misconduct may result in being banned from present and/ or future participation. Any driver or crew member not complying with any one of the rules will be immediately disqualified. Crewmembers are the responsibility of the driver.
- Most entry fees are $45per vehicle. Pre-entries must be before the demo. Mail entries to Outlaw Promotion, 16502 Q Road, Cimarron, Kansas 67835.
- All trucks must be in the pit one hour prior to start.
- All trucks will be inspected and passed before allowing participation.
- No ambulances, hearses, will be entered. No diesel motors.
- NO one allowed in pit area without a pit pass!
- All cars not removed the day after demo, become the property of the Outlaw Promotions.
- Entry fee refunds will be made only on trucks that do not pass inspection. (NO SHOW NO REFUND.)
- Pit passes are sold at the entry gate for $20. Entrants and pit crews are expected to wear pit pass at all times.
- Sub-frames or uni-body are considered frames in all parts of these rules.
A) All glass, plastic, fiberglass, chrome moldings, molding clips,door handles(inside and out) and pot metal MUST be removed prior to arrival at facility. No broken window in doors.
B) No flammable materials such as carpets, upholstery or headliners can be left in the car.
C) Cars MUST be clean and free of loose objects inside the entire vehicle.
D) Insulation blankets under the hood and in trunk MUST be removed.
E) Wheel weights must be removed.
F) Fuel tanks must be removed.
A) Drivers’ doors must be welded shut. If door comes open driver will be disqualified from the heat.
B) REINFORCEMENT MUST BE ADDED ON THE DRIVER’S DOOR, limited to 6” past edge of door, and MAY NOT protrude from car more than 2”. This door can be welded solid.
C) DRIVER’S DOOR MUST BE PADDED ON THE INSIDE! No grader blades.
D) Doors may be solid welded with flat strap no wider than 3” x ¼”. TOP of doors may be folded. No wood, or extra reinforcing allowed in passenger doors.
PICKUP TRUCK RULES
1. Above Rules as well as the following.
A) Any ½ or 1 ton GVW regular cab, crew cab, or suburban. No El Camino’s, Ranchero’s, vans, or ambulances.
B) No 4X4 will be allowed. If it is a 4X4, the front drive shaft must be removed.
C) No flat beds, utility boxes, pipe bumpers, grill guards, or headache racks.
A) Doors may be welded with no more than a 3″ stap solid. No wood,no foreign material or extra reinforcing allowed inside passenger doors.
A4) Bed must be stock appearance from the cab to the wheel well.
B) Tail gates must be in place NO more than 45 degree, NOT FLAT ON BED
B1) Pick ups may have one ¼” chain or cable in the middle of the bed to prevent bed from spreading.
C) Beds maybe moved forward and welded to the back of the cab.
C1) May add two extra bolts.
C2) Bed needs to look stock towards wheel well, then you may bend rest, NO lower than wheel well!!
D) A complete roll cage around driver is allowed. On suburban, roll cage may only go back to floor pan.
E) Pick up’s must have mesh or bars in driver’s back window to protect them from possible debris.
F) Suburban side windows may have limited 9-wire (4 wraps) one place (or two wraps 2 places.) Or may use one (1”) all thread per side in place of 9 wire.May use 1/4″ cable. Choose only ONE!!
E) Pick ups gas tank must be moved to the top center behind the cab, using at least 2” material to attach to the frame.
E1) May run Two bars from Halo. May run cross over between bars. Bars to bed NOT FRAME to protect gas tank . DO NOT GO PAST REAR DIFFERENTIAL!!
E2) Other vehicles gas tank needs to be moved behind the driver (10 gallon tank maximum.)
F) May replace front bumper with any factory car bumper or build a bumper .
F1) You may hard nose. No extra material
F2) May box first 8″of the frame with no more than 3/16 inch materal. May have 3 other plates per frame rail 6″ long ,frame with.
F3) YOU MAY STUFF THE BUMPER BUT MUST HAVE CROME WRAP OF A STOCK BUMPER!!!
F4) You can do spring conversions but you must leave all holes open. No fill in on spring holes.
F5) Spring mounts cannot be attached to bumper!
G) You can weld together or bolt hood together with no more than 3/8 bolts and 1″ washers.
G5) May tuck hood
H1) ALL SEEMS CAN BE WELDED SOLID OR USE 3″ STRAP SOLID WELD.
H2) Previouse ran trucks with broken or cracked frames may be re-welded where broken, but no farther than 2” (length) farther than crack in frame on either side of crack, no widerer than 3/4 inch. Do not add filler material on weld and only one bead for cracks!! IF METAL IS ADDED THEN IT WILL COUNT AS ONE OF YOUR PLATES.
1. All drivers must have a valid drivers license and be at least 18 years of age. If not 18 years old, driver must have written permission and notarization from Parents or Guardians, Each driver and mechanic must sign a waiver releasing Outlaw Promotions from liability.
2. Helmets with face shields or helmets with goggles must be worn. (Safety glasses not considered as goggles or shield.) Long sleeved shirt or fire suit is required. NO SHORTS!
3. Seat belts must he worn. Shoulder harnesses are recommended.
4. Driver’s door hits and team driving will be decided by the judges.
5. Any door or hood coming open during race, that car will be removed from that heat.
6. Drivers must be present at drivers meeting held 30 min. before the show. Roll will be called.
7. Driver must make a hit at least every one minutes during race.
8. When call goes out for cars to be in place, drivers shall be in place and ready or will be disqualified from that heat.
9. Two wheels going over poles or boundary line car will be disqualified!
10. Cars catching on fire 2 times in one heat will be disqualified from the heat.
11. ALL CARS WILL STOP IMMEDIATELY WHEN FLAGGED. (FOR FIRES, ETC.)
12. All rulings by the Official Judge will be final.
13. Drivers must stay in car for safety reasons until the heat is over, except in case of fire.
14. ALL CARS ARE SUBJECT TO REINSPECTION AT ANY TIME.
15. Judges may disqualify a car if it is deemed unsafe.
16. Drivers MUST accompany their car to the inspection. NO EXCEPTIONS.
17. Hood must be open for all inspections.
18. Roll overs will be put back over and allowed to continued ( IF officials feel safe) ONLY ONCE .
Any Questions Contact:
Joe Hibbert 620- 255-1531